Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Another year older and deeper.....

Well, another year has come and gone.. and what have I accomplished? I look back on this last year and it is the happiest I have ever been. I married the man who is my soul mate, my best friend, and a wonderful kind human. I also met a lot of new people through our online gaming, people in all parts of the country and the world. The internet has brought so many things to our fingertips, can you imagine not having that ability?? Last night, Tony and I were watching The Green Mile, and he turned to me and said, can you imagine living then?? we would be so bored. I said, no we wouldn't because first of all, we wouldn't know that we were missing anything (gaming, Internet, email) and we would have other hobbies and interests. It was a different time and place, and people adapt and live their lives in that time and place. Of course, if there was such a thing as time travel, we would be TOTALLY bored.. lol



Well, regardless of the rest of the year, Aug 2007 was nothing less than a major PIA. Having no AC for three days in Texas, especially during that time of year, is a nightmare. The only thing that made it bearable was window AC (thank god for Michael Faraday, Dr. John Gorrie, and other who contributed to the invention of modern air conditioning. Want to learn more?) If you remember, I found four kittens during that time.. Reading back on my old posts, I was laughing so hard. I said "..then we will take them to the Humane Society when they are about 10 wks old." ROFL!!! Needless to say, Eek, Myztikk, Katamari, and Isis are now permantent Miller cats.

Well, lunch is almost over, and I have a meeting to go to.. Hope that this new year finds everyone who reads this happy, healthy, and may all your dreams and desires come true, or at least come close.. :)

HAPPY 2008 everyone!!

No comments: